The Carrington at Lincolnwood is committed to protecting the health of all our residents. This includes taking preventative measures and precautions regarding coronavirus (COVID-19).
We meet or exceed the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) for coronavirus and flu prevention. In fact, the controlled environment of a senior living community like The Carrington is one of the safest places you can be when disease outbreaks threaten our population.
Illness prevention and control protocols that encourage and facilitate senior health year-round at The Carrington include vaccination requirements, best practice checklists for flu or other outbreaks, monthly illness reports, and regular tracking procedures with infectious disease control like the CDC. Nutrition and safety programs, medication management, and fitness and exercise opportunities also play an important role in prevention and precaution— helping to keep our seniors healthier and less susceptible to illness.
The safety of The Carrington’s residents is our top priority. Here are some of the important procedures we have instituted and monitor closely—especially during this sensitive time.
Our Community PREVENTATIVE MEASURES Include:
- Requiring all visitors to use hand sanitizer upon entering The Carrington.
- Disinfecting common areas multiple times each day. (Dining room furniture, elevators, fitness areas, entrance door handles, hydration stations).
- Providing additional sanitizing materials at entrances and in common areas; stressing handwashing and hand-sanitizing.
- Stockpiling supplies for residents and staff in anticipation of supply chain constraints
The Following PRECAUTIONS Are Now in Place:
- Visitors who have recently returned from out of the country, are experiencing symptoms of a respiratory infection (fever, coughing, sore throat), or have been in contact with anyone who has traveled or is sick are kindly asked to postpone their visit.
- The Carrington staff receives regular orientation on how to properly communicate reports of suspected or diagnosed cases at a school, other employment locations, or places recently visited.
- Residents and staff are asked to limit travel outside of the community to any areas where cases have been reported.
- Contingency plans are in place in the event a case of COVID-19 is reported within The Carrington or by staff or visitors.
FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR RESIDENTS
Please postpone your visit to The Carrington if you have recently traveled to high-risk areas or been in contact with someone who has. We are only allowing “essential” visitors including hospice care workers, doctors and private duty health care workers on the premises. We are asking that all “social” visits to the community be postponed until more information is available. Per the Illinois Department of Health, we are asking any visitors to fill out a questionnaire and are screening for temperatures.