To Cherish and Nurture the Person
In The Carrington’s Memory Care neighborhood, our highly trained and caring staff dedicate each day to individualized life-affirming activities to enrich the lives of residents by embracing and celebrating everything they do. This person-centered, activities-focused philosophy is grounded in the belief that the abilities that remain for each person are far more important than what is lost.
A focus on three research-based components of personal connection helps to keep the “person” at the center of care.
- Personal Care: Being able to continue with simple things like dressing, washing one’s face or combing hair play a significant role in self-esteem.
- Personal Productivity: Each person needs to feel like they are contributing. Based on abilities, activities like baking or gardening provide a sense of accomplishment.
- Personal Leisure: Staying engaged in relaxing lifelong pursuits like reading or walking create an atmosphere of continuity.
The Memory Care neighborhood is a vital component of the range of residential and healthcare choices, joining Independent Living and Assisted Living at The Carrington at Lincolnwood. Such living transitions assure residents they can remain at The Carrington; confident additional care is available if needed. Plus, with the Predictable Lifetime Pricing Guarantee, day-to-day costs are known, even if a loved one transitions to a higher level of Memory Care in the future.
Memory Care Amenities
The Memory Care neighborhood at The Carrington at Lincolnwood is a much-welcomed option for those with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia – and their families – who want to remain close by.
- Dedicated and secure neighborhood with courtyard & walking areas
- Three nutritious daily meals served in the dining room, plus snacks
- Country kitchen for group or family meal preparation
- Activities/craft room
- Comfortable & welcoming living areas
- Weekly housekeeping
- Weekly laundering of flat linens
- Scheduled local transportation to medical care, shopping & community services
- Maintenance of community spaces & campus grounds
- Community-wide Wi-Fi
- Paid utilities for electricity, water, gas, trash, basic cable television & property taxes (personal phone not included)
- 24- hour staffing for peace of mind
- On-site EMT Station operated by The Village of Lincolnwood
- Emergency pull-cord notification system in residence baths
Memory Care Residences
The Carrington at Lincolnwood Memory Care neighborhood offer specialized memory care residences, including 44 private studio or private rooms with shared baths. These residences are designed to ensure a relaxing, yet secure environment to call home. Each accommodation is ready for your loved one’s furnishings, belongings and personal touches.
If you or your spouse are a veteran of the armed services, you may be eligible for benefits under the government’s Veterans Aid and Attendance. We are happy to explore options with you.
Memory Care Brochure
Interested in learning more about Memory Care at The Carrington at Lincolnwood? Simply fill out the brief form below and you will gain access to a wealth of additional details on our many offerings.